Friday, February 10, 2012

Parliament Members: The Real Face of Temple Basketball

It happened while we were on the bus on the road. TJ yells, "Jake! Check this out!" Given his excited tone, I rushed back to see what TJ was so enthused about. He asked if I had ever heard of an app for the iPhone called, "Simsimi." After I told him I never heard of it he explained that it was kind of a robot that you can teach to say things. I thought to myself, "I know TJ is an Academic All-American Candidate but he can not be this much of a nerd." He then proceeded to show me that he typed in Temple Basketball into the dialogue box and this came up, " Jake Godino is the White Mamba."
Now, it must be noted that my favorite player in the NBA is Kobe Bryant, who is named, "The Black Mamba" in comparison to the venomous reptile for his deadliness on the court. I, however, may just be the deadliest cheerer on the court. But, I have to challenge this name seeing as though the Parliaments favorite player in the NBA is Brian Scalabrine AKA "The White Mamba." There can not be two White Mambas. That is like an unstoppable force meeting and immovable object. So, in order to diversify the Mamba family, "The Red Mamba" is much more appropriate a nickname.
I consider it a priviledge to be the person that comes up on that app when something Temple Basketball related is put in, not Ramone, not Juan, Not Khalif...A Parliament member.
SWAG

No comments:

Post a Comment